DQ1: Data Quality Essentials: What Everyone in Your Organization Needs to Know
It is important to understand:
- Data is a vital asset to be managed
- Data should be managed as intentionally as other assets in your organization
- Basics about data quality that anyone in an organization should know
You will learn:
- Definition of data and information quality
- Importance of data quality to your organization
- What impacts the quality of data
- Who is responsible for the quality of the data and the roles they play
- What you can do about data quality
Danette McGilvray is president and principal of Granite Falls Consulting; a firm that helps organizations increase their success by addressing the information quality and data governance aspects of their business efforts. From strategy to implementation with a focus on bottom-line results, Danette helps organizations enhance the value of their information assets by naturally incorporating information quality management into the business. She also emphasizes communication and the human aspect of information quality and governance.
Danette is the author of Executing Data Quality Projects: Ten Steps to Quality Data and Trusted Information™ (Morgan Kaufmann, 2008). An internationally respected expert, her Ten Steps™ approach has been embraced as a proven method for managing data quality in any organization. A popular speaker, she has taught her courses in several countries. Her book has been translated into Chinese and is being used as a textbook in university graduate programs.
- Data Quality Essentials: What Everyone in Your Organization Needs to Know
- Data Quality Module 1 Assessment
- Data Quality Module 1 Course Materials