COMN6: The Common Coffee Shop
In this course, instructor Hills will walk you through an example of modeling an order capture document database and analytical data warehouse. You will learn how to apply COMN to a realistic problem found in NoSQL and SQL databases; examine COMN models for requirements, logical data, and physical databases; and identify how the unifying notation enables traceability of requirements in two unique database implementations.
Walk through a realistic example of modeling an order capture document database and an analytical Data Warehouse.
- Gain experience applying COMN to a realistic problem involving a NoSQL database and a SQL database
- Learn how to examine COMN models for requirements, logical data, and two physical databases in detail
- Understand how the unifying notation enables traceability of requirements to two very different database implementations
This Course Includes:
- A 22-minute educational training video
- A 16-question exam
- Materials presented in the training video (made available for download once the exam is complete)
Individual Course Price: $79
Purchase all six Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN courses together in a Learning Plan for $489 and save.
We offer several bulk licensing options for corporate and group use.
Contact us for a follow-up discussion!
About the Instructor
Ted Hills is an author, speaker, educator, and Data Architecture consultant. He helps businesses combine strategic goals with the latest Data Management technologies to produce solid results in realistic timeframes. Ted is both an advanced theorist and a committed pragmatist, with grounding in software and systems development. His book, NoSQL and SQL Data Modeling, promises to change how we represent data, moving from the rigid, prescriptive world of SQL databases to the more fluid domains of Big Data and NoSQL databases. Ted has led multiple projects in Data Warehousing, Metadata Management, reference Data Management, and data distribution and integration. Ted’s deep experience in multiple industries and knowledge of new and established technologies give him perspective and insight into how an organization can maximize its existing investments while leveraging new technologies.
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 6 Training Video
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 6 Exam
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 6 Presentation Materials