COMN5: NoSQL and SQL Physical Data Modeling
Explore the differences between NoSQL and SQL, ACID and BASE, and the CAP Theorem, and discover the performance trade-offs of each. Throughout this course, you’ll learn how to model data containers and indexes, as well as key/value, columnar, document, graph, and tabular data models.
Understand the differences between SQL and NoSQL, ACID and BASE, and how to model each of the major kinds of NoSQL and SQL data organizations.
- Understand how to model data containers and indexes
- Understand the differences and performance trade-offs between NoSQL and SQL, ACID and BASE, and the CAP Theorem
- Understand how to model key/value, columnar, document, graph, and tabular data organizations
This Course Includes:
- A 71-minute educational training video
- A 28-question exam
- Materials presented in the training video are made available for download once the exam is complete
Individual Course Price: $99
Purchase all six Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN courses together in a Learning Plan for $489 and save.
We offer several bulk licensing options for corporate and group use.
Contact us for a follow-up discussion!
About the Instructor
Ted Hills is an author, speaker, educator, and Data Architecture consultant. He helps businesses combine strategic goals with the latest Data Management technologies to produce solid results in realistic timeframes. Ted is both an advanced theorist and a committed pragmatist, with grounding in software and systems development. His book, NoSQL and SQL Data Modeling, promises to change how we represent data, moving from the rigid, prescriptive world of SQL databases to the more fluid domains of Big Data and NoSQL databases. Ted has led multiple projects in Data Warehousing, Metadata Management, reference Data Management, and data distribution and integration. Ted’s deep experience in multiple industries and knowledge of new and established technologies give him perspective and insight into how an organization can maximize its existing investments while leveraging new technologies.
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 5 Training Video
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 5 Exam
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 5 Presentation Materials