COMN3: Modeling Things Inside the Computer
In this course, you will use Concept and Object Modeling Notations to visualize and model the objects within a computer’s memory or storage. Instructor Hills will discuss how to represent concepts and objects in the real world, and will build on your understanding of how the physical state of the objects are represented, and how to model those representations. You will complete the course with an understanding of representations, how they can represent themselves, and how objects are represented in data.
Learn how to model objects within a computer’s memory or storage, and how those models can represent concepts and objects in the real world.
- Understand how the physical states of objects represent things, and how to model those representations
- Understand how representations can themselves represent other things
- Understand how real-world objects are represented in data
This Course Includes:
- A 63-minute educational training video
- A 21-question exam
- Materials presented in the training video (made available for download once the exam is complete)
Individual Course Price: $99
Purchase all six Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN courses together in a Learning Plan for $489 and save.
We offer several bulk licensing options for corporate and group use.
Contact us for a follow-up discussion!
About the Instructor
Ted Hills is an author, speaker, educator, and Data Architecture consultant. He helps businesses combine strategic goals with the latest Data Management technologies to produce solid results in realistic timeframes. Ted is both an advanced theorist and a committed pragmatist, with grounding in software and systems development. His book, NoSQL and SQL Data Modeling, promises to change how we represent data, moving from the rigid, prescriptive world of SQL databases to the more fluid domains of Big Data and NoSQL databases. Ted has led multiple projects in Data Warehousing, Metadata Management, reference Data Management, and data distribution and integration. Ted’s deep experience in multiple industries and knowledge of new and established technologies give him perspective and insight into how an organization can maximize its existing investments while leveraging new technologies.
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 3 Training Video
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 3 Presentation Materials
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 3 Exam