COMN2: Modeling the Real World
In this course, you will learn how to use COMN graphical symbols to represent the concepts and objects that exist in the real world, which will help you to describe the context for any set of requirements. You’ll learn what collection and containment are, how they differ, and how to model the representations in COMN. When the course is completed, you’ll understand objects and their modes of composition, as well as how to represent them using COMN symbols.
Learn how to represent real-world concepts and objects in a COMN model.
- Understand objects and their modes of composition, and how to represent them in COMN
- Understand the differences between collection and containment
- Understand how to model the representation of concepts in COMN
This Course Includes:
- A 39-minute educational training video
- A 23-question exam
- Materials presented in the training video are made available for download once the exam is complete
Individual Course Price: $99
Purchase all six Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN courses together in a Learning Plan for $489 and save.
We offer several bulk licensing options for corporate and group use.
Contact us for a follow-up discussion!
About the Instructor
Ted Hills is an author, speaker, educator, and Data Architecture consultant. He helps businesses combine strategic goals with the latest Data Management technologies to produce solid results in realistic timeframes. Ted is both an advanced theorist and a committed pragmatist, with grounding in software and systems development. His book, NoSQL and SQL Data Modeling, promises to change how we represent data, moving from the rigid, prescriptive world of SQL databases to the more fluid domains of Big Data and NoSQL databases. Ted has led multiple projects in Data Warehousing, Metadata Management, reference Data Management, and data distribution and integration. Ted’s deep experience in multiple industries and knowledge of new and established technologies give him perspective and insight into how an organization can maximize its existing investments while leveraging new technologies.
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 2 Training Video
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 2 Presentation Materials
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 2 Exam