COMN1: Setting the Stage for COMN
In this course, we will review the general goals of Data Modeling and prepare our minds to accept the concepts on which the notation rests. After completing this course, you will understand why we bother to model data, and will be able to explain the difference between analysis, logical design, and physical design, thus preparing you to tackle the terminology problem that comes with utilizing Concept and Object Modeling Notation (COMN).
Identify the goals of Data Modeling and pave the way for the new concepts in Concept and Object Modeling Notation (COMN).
- Understand why we model data
- Know what analysis, logical design, and physical design are
- Prepare to tackle the terminology problem
This Course Includes:
- A 35-minute educational training video
- A 22-question exam
- Materials presented in the training video are made available for download once the exam is complete
Individual Course Price: $99
Purchase all six Modeling NoSQL & SQL with COMN courses together in a Learning Plan for $489 and save.
We offer several bulk licensing options for corporate and group use.
Contact us for a follow-up discussion!
About the Instructor
Ted Hills is an author, speaker, educator, and Data Architecture consultant. He helps businesses combine strategic goals with the latest Data Management technologies to produce solid results in realistic timeframes. Ted is both an advanced theorist and a committed pragmatist, with grounding in software and systems development. His book, NoSQL and SQL Data Modeling, promises to change how we represent data, moving from the rigid, prescriptive world of SQL databases to the more fluid domains of Big Data and NoSQL databases. Ted has led multiple projects in Data Warehousing, Metadata Management, reference Data Management, and data distribution and integration. Ted’s deep experience in multiple industries and knowledge of new and established technologies give him perspective and insight into how an organization can maximize its existing investments while leveraging new technologies.
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 1 Training Video
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 1 Exam
- Modeling NoSQL and SQL with COMN: Module 1 Presentation Materials