MM6: Metadata Strategy & Implementation
This course contains
- An educational training video 53 minutes in length
- Trainer: Donna Burbank
- A 24 question exam
- Materials from the training video will be made available to download once the exam has been completed
To provide best practices in creating a Metadata Strategy and Implementation Plan.
- Understand how to create a Metadata Strategy that aligns with both business and technology needs
- Outline how to create an actionable Roadmap that delivers quick wins while building towards a longer-term architecture
About the Trainer:
Donna Burbank is a recognized industry expert in information management with over 20 years of experience in data management, metadata management, and enterprise architecture. She currently is Managing Director of Global Data Strategy Ltd, an international data management consulting company. Her background is multi-faceted across consulting, product development, product management, brand strategy, marketing, and business leadership.
Donna has extensive experience in metadata management, beginning her metadata career as an international consultant for the PLATINUM Metadata Repository. After working as a Metadata consultant for many years, she moved to a product management role with the CA Metadata Repository solutions, defining product direction based on customer & market needs. As the Director of Product Management at Embarcadero Technologies, she was responsible for the creation of a repository-driven, Metadata-driven Data Modeling solution that encompassed both data and process modeling. Donna has also worked for many years with the CA ERwin solution as the VP of Product Marketing for Data Modeling. Active in industry organizations, Donna was a part of the review committee for the Object Management Group’s Information Management Metamodel (IMM) and a member of the OMG’s Finalization Taskforce for the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN). In all of these roles, Metadata is a key component.
Donna has worked with dozens of Fortune 500 companies worldwide in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa and speaks regularly at industry conferences. She has co-authored several books including: Data Modeling for the Business, Data Modeling Made Simple with ERwin Data Modeler, and was a contributor to Metadata Solutions.
- Metadata Management: Module 6 Metadata Strategy & Implementation
- Metadata Management: Module 6 Assessment
- Metadata Management Module 6 Course Materials