DQ2: Data Quality Components: Getting Started with Data Quality
It is important to understand:
- There are many pieces and parts to be managed to ensure high quality data
- Both concepts and processes are necessary to be most effective in your data quality work
You will learn:
- The Information Environment and its impact on data quality
- The Framework for Information Quality - elements necessary for high quality data
- The Ten Steps™ Process – practical, actionable guide to create, assess, and improve the quality of your data
Danette McGilvray is president and principal of Granite Falls Consulting; a firm that helps organizations increase their success by addressing the information quality and data governance aspects of their business efforts. From strategy to implementation with a focus on bottom-line results, Danette helps organizations enhance the value of their information assets by naturally incorporating information quality management into the business. She also emphasizes communication and the human aspect of information quality and governance.
Danette is the author of Executing Data Quality Projects: Ten Steps to Quality Data and Trusted Information™ (Morgan Kaufmann, 2008). An internationally respected expert, her Ten Steps™ approach has been embraced as a proven method for managing data quality in any organization. A popular speaker, she has taught her courses in several countries. Her book has been translated into Chinese and is being used as a textbook in university graduate programs.
- Data Quality Components: Getting Started with Data Quality
- Data Quality: Module 2 Assessment
- Data Quality Module 2 Course Materials